This advice is in the interest of public health and is ONLY intended for educational purposes.
Hand hygiene is key. It is important to wash your hands³:
1. WebMD. The Power of Hand-Washing to Prevent Coronavirus. 2020 [internet]. 06/03/2020. Retrieved 18/03/2020. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200306/power-of-hand-washing-to-prevent-coronavirus
2. NSW Government. Health. Infectious Diseases. COVID-19- Frequently Asked Questions. 2020 [internet]. ]. Updated 18/03/2020, retrieved 18/03/2020. Available from: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspx#1-3
3. CDC. Handwashing. When and how to wash your hands. 2019 [internet]. Last reviewed 03/10/2019, retrieved 18/03/2020. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
4. Tarun J, Susan J, Suria J, Susan VJ, Criton S. Evaluation of pH of bathing soaps and shampoos for skin and hair care. Indian J Dermatol 2014;59(5):442-444
5. Lambers H, Piessens S, Bloem A, Pronk H, Finkel P. Natural skin surface pH is on average below 5, which is beneficial for its resident flora. Int J Cosmet Sci 2006;28(5):359-70