The health and safety of the community, our consumers and our staff has always been at the heart of Ego; we make products to improve skin health, which is our barrier to the outside world.
In order to minimise COVID-19 risks to our community we have taken the following steps:
To help the community at large, we've made the following changes:
- Aqium, our hospital-grade hand sanitiser, is being prioritised to those working in the hospital and aged care sector - these workers are looking after the most vulnerable in our community.
- Ego is doing everything we can to produce as much Aqium as possible with the resources at hand. We are also working hard to source more raw materials and packaging to increase our output.
- We’ve even gone so far as to invest in resources for one of our bottle suppliers to increase what they can supply to us.
- We are supplying all of our stock to Australia – there is currently no export of Aqium.
Hand hygiene products aside, we know that existing skin conditions such as eczema still need to be addressed.
- We're providing education and resources on all our platforms to encourage best practice hand hygiene without damaging the skin barrier. Head to https://www.egopharm.com/au/en/Hand-Hygiene-Coronavirus.html to find out more.
- We’ve been notified that household bleach is experiencing out of stock situations due to panic buying. To help customers who may have been using bleach baths to assist with eczema, we suggest QV Flare Up Bath Oil’s unique formulation as an alternative. Find it in your local pharmacy.
The health of our staff is also paramount. We've made the following changes to ensure our teams are not only safe, but also providing our loyal consumers with the products and information they need:
- Our sales team has adapted by switching from face-to-face contact in pharmacy and with health care practitioners to telephone and email. This helps protect all those involved but also gives these essential healthcare workers space to get on with the vital work they are doing at this time.
- Head office staff have transitioned to working from home.
- We have ceased any visitors, including media, from entering our production sites to keep our staff safe and our manufacturing running for our communities.
We hope everyone is staying safe, keeping up their hand hygiene and adhering to requests for social distancing. These are tough times but let’s do what we can to help each other and we’ll get through it together.
If you have any questions, our friendly Customer Service team is here for you, please email them via email@example.com