How Can I Get Rid Of Dry Skin?October 25, 2012
Dry skin is comprised of dead skin cells that present as small white flakes. This is often characterised by mild to moderate itching.
These arid patches are most common on the arms, hands, lower legs and abdomen. We can learn how to cure itchy skin and get rid of dry skin, by understanding what causes it.
Prolonged hot water shower exposure, inordinate use of soap and low humidity increase the risk of dry skin. The problem becomes worst during winter as people often sit in front of heaters and use electric blankets to warm their body. If untreated, dry skin can lead to dermatitis and more severe skin conditions.
Fortunately there are various solutions and cream for dry itchy skin. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Avoid hot and prolonged showers.
- Switch to a cleanser when bathing, as harsh soap can strip away the natural oils of the skin.
- After showering simply pat skin dry instead of rubbing.
- Maintain skin’s hydrationlevels by applying moisturiser regularly.
- Experts advise that applying moisturizer when the skin is still damp is preferred.
Dried out and cracked skin encourages all sorts of bacteria. Be wise when choosing lotions and be sure to choose the best moisturiser for dry skin.
We recommend using QV Wash followed by QV Skin Lotion. QV Wash is a soap free cleanser which makes it ideal for dry and sensitive skin. The light formulation of QV Skin Lotion helps to seal in the skin’s natural moisture.