Bathing your baby
Bathing is important in maintaining the health of your baby’s skin by keeping it soft and smooth. As a baby’s skin is so soft and delicate, it’s important to choose the right products for bath time. After all, this special time between you and your baby should not be compromised by products that could irritate their skin.
Step by step guide to bathing your baby
- Place bath in a warm room and at a height that is comfortable for you. A non-slip mat at the bottom of the tub will help stop a baby from slipping. Babies’ skin can be very slippery when wet!
- Fill the bath with warm water – test the water with inside of your wrist or elbow. Lukewarm water is best. Add QV Baby Bath Oil, as directed on pack, to gently cleanse and moisturise your baby’s delicate skin.
- Lower baby carefully into the water. For newborns, cradle your child’s head and neck in your hand. Firmly support your baby the whole time and never leave your baby alone in the bath.
- Swish water gently over your baby’s body throughout the bath to help keep them warm. Take care to avoid getting water into your baby’s mouth and eyes. Talk to your baby in a soothing, relaxing tone.
- Gently sponge baby’s face and body with a washcloth, patting and rubbing gently. Take care with the ears and eyes. If extra cleansing is required, QV Baby Gentle Wash can be added to your baby’s sponge.
- Afterwards, wrap your baby in a clean soft towel, dry throughly and apply QV Baby Moisturising Cream and QV Baby Barrier Cream. These form a protective barrier to help lock in moisture.